# TIP 16: DECORATING LARGE ROOMS & HIGH CEILINGS
Large rooms and high ceilings can easily feel cold, unwelcoming and unfriendly.
But if you learn some professional interior design tips and tricks, you needn’t be left out in the cold !
Here are interior design tips for tall ceilings and large rooms:
- Use a darker color on the ceiling than on the walls and …
- Use large scale, bold patters
- Use lots of interesting, rough or fluffy textures or…
- If your walls are a dark color already, try using a paler color on the ceiling
- Fit lower hanging lights and down lighters
- Alternatively use dark colors on the walls with…
- A darker color flooring
- Match the scale of your furniture to the size of your room