# TIP 18: HOW TO DECORATE A WALL
Just look around you…you have plenty of space on the walls of your home, office and you must be wondering about the best way of displaying your stuff on them.
Here, I have listed a few points for your reference :
1) HANG SINGLE ARTWORK TO CREATE A SENSE OF STABILITY
Area : living room and dining rooms since these centre pieces can serve as a nice topic to chat over dinner. But, remember the color scheme should be in line with your interior decor.
2) GROUP MULTIPLE ARTWORKS WITH A CONNECTING THEME
3) HANG SMALL AND DETAILED ARTWORK IN A COMPACT AREA
Area : corridors and hallways
4) ALONGSIDE YOUR STAIRWELL
This is done to create a lively environment. Ensure the colour scheme is warm.
a) Ratio : You can put a big painting on a small wall, but NEVER a small painting on a big wall
b) Hanging : should be at average eye level and at a good viewing distance
c) Minimise distance between artwork in groupings
In the event that you want to decorate your walls with photographs, ensure you are not crowding the interiors with everything and anything that is framed.
- Pick photographs and art that are mellow and tranquil for your
- Cool blues go well with office space
- Bright cartoons and lively reds and yellows are great for kids’ rooms
- Contrasting does not always go well with art work on walls, so it is better to stick to a theme
- Arrange your pictures with a central focus
- Ensure there is proper lighting about the picture frame